Recently I posted an article in which I explained How to Root & UnRoot Xiaomi Mi4, if you haven't checked it yet then you can do it now. Today I'm going to do something similar, today I'll be explaining How to Install custom recovery on your Xiaomi Mi4, in this tutorial I'll be teaching you how to flash Clockworkmod recovery on Mi4 so if you haven't rooted your device yet, go ahead and do that first before beginning this guide.
If you've already rooted your Xiaomi Mi 4 then you might want to Install custom recovery like Clockworkmod. Below is a tutorial guide which will teach you How to install CWM recovery or Clockworkmod recovery on your Xiaomi Mi 4.
Things You Need to Know:
- Your Xiaomi Mi 4 must be Rooted, so if you haven't rooted your phone yet, check this tutorial How to Root Xiaomi Mi 4 without loosing warranty.
- Make sure that you have at least 80% battery before proceeding. If the phone runs out of battery in between the process, it might get bricked, so make sure it has enough battery.
- Backup all your important data including Contacts, logs, pictures, music, documents etc. Installing custom recovery will not wipe your data but in case it does, be prepared with a back up.
How to Install Clockworkmod Recovery on Mi4
Follow the steps given below to flash custom recovery onto your device. Please follow the steps carefully, we are not responsible if your device gets bricked, this guide is for educational purposes only, so proceed at your own RISK.
Step 1: Download Clockworkmod recovery zip file for Xiaomi Mi 4.
Step 2: Rename the zip file to 'Update.zip' and transfer the zip file to your phones internal storage.
Step 3: Go to Settings > About Phone > System Updates : Now tap on the menu button which is located at top-right.
Step 4: Tap on 'Choose Update Package'
Step 5: Now browse to the Update.zip file and select it. Your device will automatically start the updating procedure, sit back and relax.
Step 6: Once updating is finished, you'll see a 'Reboot Now' button, just tap on it.
During the Reboot, you phone will automatically continue updating and once done, your phone will boot up. Please note that it might take several minutes for your device to boot up.
Now you've successfully installed CWM recovery on your Xiaomi Mi 4, you can check it by following any one of the below given steps.
- Go to Settings > About Phone > System Updates : Tap on Menu, choose 'Reboot to recovery'
- Go to Updater App > Tap on Menu, choose 'Reboot to Recovery'
- Reboot your Device, Hold Power button + Volume Down simultaneously until your see Mi Logo on screen.
That's it, I hope you like this tutorial, if you do then please share it using the buttons given below. Also leave your feedback in comments.
Also Read: How to Install Android Lollipop 5.0.2 on Xiaomi Mi 4